Custom Search

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Reads...

What started out as just a couple of books to take on our cruise, ended up creating a summer book read for my sister and I. My first summer read was The Shack. If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend it. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not read religious books. Not at all, no exception, nadda! But, The Shack, turned out to be one of my favorite books of all time. I love the flow of the novel, the deep meaning behind the story and the descriptions of God and how our relationship with him can flow into our everyday life relationships.

My second, third, fourth and fifth books of the summer were the Twilight Saga novels. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed these easy to read, Romeo/Juliet love saga. I literally read all four books in less than two weeks. I even rented the movie and have now become fans with "Twilight" on Facebook. I can't believe I fell into all the marketing hype and teenage obsessions, but I did. Love them, highly recommend all four!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be reading Eclipse... the third book. I am quickly becoming a Twilight addict. I will fill you on my thoughts about book 3 as soon as I get into the book.. Great selections though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I talked to one of my customers today and she too recommended the Shack...so I am going to be off to the bookstore this weekend and start the journey. She said it is a book that you will read more than once.

    ReplyDelete